2/01/2008

U2 in Arequipa


Last Night Out with Team Arequipa

Before leaving Arequipa, Peru, several of us who had been hanging out decided to have one last night out. At the place we went to, we were pleased to find a Peruvian cover band playing all the best (and cheesiest) rock from the US and England from the 70´s, 80´s and early 90´s. It was kinda funny hearing songs by Aerosmith, The Police and Oasis from a bunch of guys with Peruvian accents.

A fun last night in Arequipa, but I started to miss home a bit when the band broke into a version of U2´s song ¨With or Without You.¨ My mom plays in a steel drum band and when I was home for Christmas and New Years I had my first chance to see the band play at a high school holiday assembly. One of the songs that they played was ¨With Or Without You¨and it was really awesome, complete with jamming out for a bit at the end of the song (Mom-that really was amazing). It was really awesome and got the entire high school up on their feet clapping and singing along. Anyways, these guys weren´t nearly as cool as the steel drum band, but still made me a little homesick. Not the best video, but I thought I´d post it anyways. Cheers.

No comments: